Choose what you environment you want to build:
- To build Open webOS on the desktop, refer to the Desktop Build instructions
- To build non-native images on a host machine, refer to the OpenEmbedded Build instructions
- To build an individual component, refer to the build instructions located in the README.md for that repo on Github
We recommend starting with #1.
You'll need to have Git setup in your development environment before you start.
We support the Github "pull request" mechanism for making contributions.
- Sign up for a GitHub account if you don't already have one
- Visit the github repo for the component that you'd like to work on
- In the upper right-hand side of the component's repo page, click on the Fork option
- Clone your forked repo to your local workstation
- Tell the build to use that clone instead of the repo unpacked by the build
- Making and test your changes
- Submit them to the project !
Please review How We Accept Contributions for more information on the requirements your contributions must satisfy.